Midgard was retained by the Newfoundland and Labrador Board of Commissioners of Public Utilities (“NLPUB”) as an expert consultant to perform a review of the NLPUB’s existing Capital Budget Application Guidelines (“Guidelines”). Under its mandate, Midgard performed the following services:
- Review of existing Guidelines and other relevant documentation;
- Consulted with stakeholders to determine issues and areas of concern;
- Completed a jurisdictional scan of 8 Canadian jurisdictions to identify prevailing regulatory processes and best practices implemented by provincial regulatory Boards across Canada;
- Compared existing Guidelines with industry/regulatory best practices;
- Presented findings to stakeholders and responded to inquiries;
- Provided an expert report to the Board including revised Guidelines incorporating review findings and industry/regulatory best practices.